Sure, our Tamarindo Massage helps you relax — but our massage therapy can do much more than that! Let’s get deeper into the resulting health benefits.
During and after your massage, you’ll enter a zone that has become a major attraction of Costa Rica which is called “Pura Vida.” This widely quoted state of mind talks of the value of a living a calm, pure life,
Tell Me More About Tamarindo?
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is on the northwest coast of Costa Rica. It’s a much-beloved small town of visitors and surfers. Especially lately, there has been an influx of people from around the world who have visited and now want to live here.
Count me as one of them! For, I have lived here for more than 20 years!
The Importance of Relaxation to a Tamarindo Experience
Healthy and pain-free living is everyone’s dream. Massages can be a major contributor and the list of reasons is long. For the fortunate, regularly scheduled massages are a gift to be appreciated, while others get a massage whenever they can.
No matter how often, each massage makes your life better! So, for those not on regular massage scheduled, each individual one furthers your welfare.
What Are Typical Reasons for a Tamarindo Massage?
The typical reasons for a Tamarindo massage are mind and body preparation for entering a more relaxed state and recovery from injuries.
The need to relax is the primary reason for a Tamarindo massage. Getting to that state of relaxation sets up many spiritual and physical benefits related to being in the Tamarindo area.
Whenever you do get one, you’re privileged to have a point in time of your life where you can truly relax and think about yourself. Even better, I can’t help but think the effects of our Tamarindo massages are cumulative and is another muscle memory that will guide your body and mind when it needs to recover.
While you’re here I hope you can take advantage of our outdoor sports, pain-free. I’m splitting hairs somewhat here because of the need for an injury to relax to order to heal. In any case, whether you get a relaxing massage versus a sports massage, both will help you heal.
For example, a surfer may get injured while surfing the beaches of Tamarindo, while a pensioner may benefit by reducing their blood pressure. Besides, in the end, who doesn’t like a massage!
- Am I Too Old to Get a Massage?
If you're not too old to feel relaxed or have better blood flow, you're not too old for a massage. Of course, if your doctor says otherwise listen to him/her.
- Is a Massage Good for My Injury?
You or your doctor will know. Without your consent, we will work around it. In any case, you'll heal faster when you feel good.
- What is the typical reason for a Tamarindo Massage?
The number one reason for a massage is general relaxation. Don't underestimate it because every minute your up and around in a relaxed state helps your general welfare.
List of Beneficial Reasons for Getting a Tamarindo Massage:
- Reduce Mind and Body Stress: Not hard to imagine that just relaxing and getting pampered with a massage reduces mind and body stress.
- Improve Blood Circulation: Loosening muscles stimulates increased blood flow throughout the body and results in a number of positive effects within your body.
- Relieve Back Pain from Hunching Over Computers or Smartphones: Many people these days spend too much time hunched over their computers and smartphones and so develop back and neck pain. Our relaxing massages can greatly help alleviate them.
- Eliminate Body Toxins: The result of the stimulation of muscles through massage helps you release toxins that slow you down or make you feel ill.
- Improve Flexibility: Almost everyone these days needs to be more flexible, especially those who sit too long. If you get up slowly in the morning with your back aching, a relaxing massage with special emphasis on your back is what to order.
- More Restful Sleep: After a massage, you’ll sleep extremely well! Sleep experts tell us that most of us are “sleep-deprived”, so a massage can temporarily help for a few days.
- Strengthens Your Immunity System: Because you’ll sleep longer and deeper, your immune system will be strengthened so you can better fight off viruses.
- Reduce Fatigue: If you wake up and you’re too tired to do anything but sit in a recliner and drink coffee, for sure you’d benefit from a massage. However, it’s also a sign you need to get in better shape! Of course, talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
- Reduce Anxiety and Depression: Massages will help you feel better. The more often the better!
- Reduce Post Surgery or Injury Pain: Massage can help here too. If you’ve had an operation or have an injury, a relaxing massage can take your mind off the pain and stimulate healing.
Getting Exotic Massages and Intrigue to Tamarindo Massages
The art of the massage has been around for thousands of years, and different forms have evolved.
Hot Stone Massages
Lining up and placing warm, rounded stones up and down your spine is a popular addition to our massage menu. Some customers say they dramatically help increase blood flow and offer superior relief for back pain.
Let’s talk if you think you’re interested in Tamarindo “Hot Stone Massages.” – Massages by Elizabeth
Who Should Get a Massage?
The demographics of Tamarindo and the surrounding areas constantly change a mixture of visitors, residents, and locals who get massages.
Read on to help you discover if you fit into a Tamarindo massage group that often needs and benefits from them:
- For visitors or tourists who need to get away from “normal” and just relax, one or more massages can completely change the complexion of a vacation. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how you can recapture the true personality that you thought was lost.
- For part-timers and pensioners getting Tamarindo, massages are bonuses. Massages are decently priced and the expertise and service level is high. If you’re one of them, don’t let your lack of familiarity with getting a massage hold you back!
- For successful and hard-working people with the means to get a massage(s). Some of the most successful people take care of themselves by limiting stress or tension. They consider pampering an investment in job efficiency or just one of life’s perk they’ve earned.
- For those celebrating a wedding, corporate event, or family reunion en mass massages totally improve the interpersonal climate. They let each attendee or guest leave their cares behind, even if only for a day or even a week. Someone who was once unapproachable may become more friendly. Anyways, everyone together spent a lot of money to get to Tamarindo, a few extra bucks for massages is always a good investment.
Beyond Tamarindo: Playa Grande, Hacienda Pinilla, Langosta, Flamingo, and Potrero
If you’re located a little outside the Tamarindo area, the same Massages by Elizabeth are available in Langosta, Playa Grande, Hacienda Pinilla, Flamingo, and Potrero. Quite frankly, often our masseuses enjoy leaving Tamarindo from time to time, so please don’t hesitate to contact us (there will be a slight travel charge).
Choosing a Tamarindo Massage Location: Don´t Overlook the Outdoors.
Tamarindo is blessed with beautiful weather and a legacy of outdoor orientated people. While we don’t do massages on public beaches, don’t overlook your own patios or backyards as locations for home massages.
When You Know Ahead of Time You’re Going to Need a Massage
By the time you get to your hotel or finish a surfing session, you already know a massage would feel wonderful! So schedule yourself a time buffer afterward and set up your message ahead of time.
Such are the rewards of planning ahead when you arrive tired and thank yourself for planning ahead.
- Use a massage as a birthday present before going out to dinner.
- If you’re returning from a surf session, I don’t think any surfer ever has returned home and gotten a Massage by Elizabeth who didn’t sleep like a baby!
- Think of the relationship or emotional benefits of telling your spouse or significant other that you’ve already taken care of the massage details!
That’s the benefit of an “At Home” massage service like Massages by Elizabeth.